FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - removing service agents from clubs? New direction: combo in-person / virtual agents
Old Feb 7, 2022, 9:00 am
gmt4

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP. Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by doug_999
They have been there all year (2022) from what I remember - in fact, I think they were there Tuesday (Feb 01, 2022)
Not from my recollection. the area where the desks/terminals was blocked off with large plexiglass screens, and signs point to people to the app and/or to call. Now its walled off. I was last in B6 on Jan 23. And I was in there at least once a week every week before that between thanksgiving and xmas. That said, I always turn right off the top of the escalators and head down to the far end where the bar area and food is without much though of anything there.

Anyway, there's likely good reason they removed them, the personnel are better deployed elsewhere. I mean look at the talk on here, most of us just walk by and don't use them. Going out on a limb I'll say most lounge users are frequent flyers with status who call in for help. Sure, there are the people with the one time passes via credit cards, or the one-off flyers on Intl J fares, but most people in there are 'seasoned' so-to-speak. I don't like to see Kutbacks, but I guess I understand. I will say with 100% certainty the agents in the ORD PL pull double duty working check in and the sit down help desks, depending. But the PL is a whole different topic.

Also, when you pass by the customer service areas like the large one in ORD C right next to the PL or the one of over in F, there are now self service virtual Kiosks that put you in touch with an agent and several of the manned desks are closed.

This is all part of larger plan of "enhancements you'll like" I'm afraid.