FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using Regional Upgrades on Delta (RUC) post 2/1/2022
Old Feb 4, 2022, 9:18 pm
Utskicat

Programs: AF/KL Gold, DL Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by xliioper
I'm confused about Wiki entries which lists Premium Select as eligible for RUC upgrades. Maybe I missed it, but I have seen nothing from DL about RUCs being valid for upgrades into Premium Select (website still only lists FC and Domestic D1).
Sorry I missed this post yesterday. I replied to your same question in the GUC thread, but I will duplicate the answer here since its more applicable in the RUC thread...

I assume you are talking about the bolded lines here in the booked fare class table:

RUC Usage
MC or C+ purchased / Upgrade to DPS / G class needed / Books into RX (Clears at T-24.15 into D1 as OX if OY available)
MC or C+ purchased / Upgrade to D1 (no DPS) / OY class needed / Books into OX
DPS purchased / Upgrade to D1 / OY class needed / Books into OX
MC or C+ purchased / Upgrade to FC (no D1/DPS) / Z class needed / Books into OL

I totally agree these don't make sense. But its listed in the table that apparently DL agents use. So maybe its there for some sort of future plans? Another inconsistency is in the other chart about what availability you need for what situation, there is an option for aircraft with MC+ and DPS but no FC or D1. That configuration doesn't exist either. @Zorak said in the old thread that has now been closed that he though he has seen FC recliner 757's flown to KEF sold as Y and PS in the past. But looking at the schedule now its sold as Y and FC. So I dunno...

Note: I added a note to these 2 lines in the WIKI questioning why these scenarios exist as these aircraft configs don't exist on RUC routes.