FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - upgrade AA marketed & operated flight on BA ticket stock?
Old Feb 4, 2022, 12:56 am
RichieMc

Programs: BAEC
I thought I'd resurrect this one rather than start a new thread as it seems to be the closest thing to my situation. I've got this messy TP run later this year and I'd like to upgrade the LHR-JFK leg to try AA F before it disappears! It's on BA stock (125) and has a mix of 1.) BA flight no & BA metal, 2.) BA flight no & AA metal, and 3.) AA flight no on AA metal. No way to use avios, so I'm happy to pay some cash. As shown, the relevant flight is AB flight no and AA metal. Just wondering how and when to attack this? I guess i won't ever get offered a POUG on such an itinerary even on the AB/BA leg (unless someone knows otherwise?) Should I call now? Day before? Do I call AA or BA? Or just try my luck at the airport? And since I'm originating in SOF, shall I ask the BA agent at check in? Or shall I try at transfer desk or lounge at T5? Is there even an AA transfer desk in T5? Alternatively, I'm flying LHR-SOF the day before, so could always swing by AA desk at T3 if that might help.

In case it matters, the paid ticket is fare class I and I'm BA Gold.

Any guudance appeciated. If it simply doesn't work, I'll just have to suck it up and survive in J!!