FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is LATAM still a member of ONEWORLD in 2022?
Old Feb 1, 2022, 3:43 pm
LH_001

Programs: JP SEN; LATAM Black Signature; Accor Plat
Originally Posted by krzysz
I have an Iberia ticket for flights with Iberia and Latam. I didn't add my LatamPass number while making the reservation, so I tried to add it later to the existing reservation on ba.com and qatarairways.com (it's not possible to do that on Iberia's own website), but my number keeps getting rejected. I called Iberia now and I was told it's because LA is no longer a OW member, so the agent wasn't able to add it either. I find it rather strange, as both Latam and Iberia list each other as associated airlines in their respective programs. I was able to add the number to the reservation on Latam.com, but the number doesn't show in Amadeus, so Iberia cannot see it. I hope I will be able to add it during check-in (the first flight is operated by IB). I wonder if anyone has any recent experiences with LatamPass and OW flights.
It has been some time since my ast post, but I needed to comment on this one:

I can all reassure you that on IBERIA flights the appearance of "EMERALD" (what I uused to be when LATAM was still oficially member od OW, as I was BLACK Signature member, now BLACk, which still would be EMERALD on OW) HAS VANISHED since recently. I took an IBERIA flight on 14 Jan 2022 to EZE and on my boarding pass it still showed "EMERALD". I just flew back yesterday from EZE to MAD and it shows NO STATUS at all. I used to be able to chose my emergency exit seats free of charge, take extra luggage even on basic fare, access the lounge even in LHR,.... ALL of this has disappeared. Yesterday when boarding my boarding pass showed "grupo 4".

Arrived in MAD I asked the lounge agent what changed and they said "when flying on IBERIA to South America you can ONLY access the lounge free of charge. All other services as free seat election or free luggage are to be charged...". They kept repeating that LATAM "Isnīt a member of OW", which we all know since quite a while, but still they had some comtracts left with other airlines...

Sad to see that LATAM is cancelling all the contracts they had with other airlines... I do value their new business class, but due to all the reduction of privileges they used to offer on other airlines, they are making it very difficult to stick and be loyal to them.