Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Is LATAM still a member of ONEWORLD in 2022?

Is LATAM still a member of ONEWORLD in 2022?

Old Jan 4, 22, 8:11 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 21
Is LATAM still a member of ONEWORLD in 2022?

Hello,
Can anyone confirm if Latam is still oneworld member in 2022?
All benefits, including VIP lounge access, prioriry will remain the same?
Italian is offline  
Old Jan 4, 22, 9:18 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Programs: LATAMPASS Silver, SkyMiles Silver Medallion
Posts: 326
Not since May 2020, I am afraid

However there are bilateral agreements with most Oneworld Airlines, except notably AA. You get the most benefits with Iberia, Qantas, JAL and Qatar, for most other airlines you can accrue and redeem miles

More details at https://latampass.latam.com/en_us/associated-airlines
Semphyra is offline  
Old Jan 4, 22, 9:48 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 21
Originally Posted by Semphyra View Post
Not since May 2020, I am afraid

However there are bilateral agreements with most Oneworld Airlines, except notably AA. You get the most benefits with Iberia, Qantas, JAL and Qatar, for most other airlines you can accrue and redeem miles

More details at https://latampass.latam.com/en_us/associated-airlines
Thanks for your prompt reply.
If I understood correctly, that means that thanks to bilateral agreements, as long as I'll mantein my tier status in LATAM I'll get same benefits flying with most ex airlines alliance members (except AA) such as lounges access, priority, correct?
What about if during the year I will improve my tier in LA, (let's say Black Signature) that means that EX OW airlines alliance members (Except AA) will recognize and upgrade my status into Emerald and I'll get all realeted benefits?
Italian is offline  
Old Jan 4, 22, 10:44 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Programs: LATAMPASS Silver, SkyMiles Silver Medallion
Posts: 326
No, the level of benefits and the tier needed depends on each airline. It's not standardized like in Oneworld

For example if you are Platinum you are going to get Priority Boarding with Qatar at DOH and GRU but with Iberia you are not going to get Priority Boarding even if you are Black Signature. Likewise, if you are Platinum you can use any Qantas lounge but when you are flying with Iberia you can only use the lounge at MAD

You need to look at each airline in the link I provided
Semphyra is offline  
Old Jan 4, 22, 12:37 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Programs: LA Platinum
Posts: 50
Originally Posted by Semphyra View Post
with Iberia you are not going to get Priority Boarding even if you are Black Signature. Likewise, if you are Platinum you can use any Qantas lounge but when you are flying with Iberia you can only use the lounge

Actually, Iberia I found respects all benefits and even writes RUBY/SAPPHIRE/EMERALD on boarding passes and lets you select preferred seating.
Insano41m is offline  
Old Jan 4, 22, 12:40 pm
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 21
Originally Posted by Insano41m View Post
Actually, Iberia I found respects all benefits and even writes RUBY/SAPPHIRE/EMERALD on boarding passes and lets you select preferred seating.
Me too, even lounges access.
Italian is offline  
Old Jan 4, 22, 12:45 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Programs: LA Platinum
Posts: 50
Personally, I would try whenever you can as you never know and sometimes you can access lounges without formally being allowed, like the LH lounge which I was able to enter.
Insano41m is offline  
Old Jan 8, 22, 5:24 pm
  #8  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: home = LAX
Posts: 25,564
But just because most of the OW alliance airlines are still partners with LATAM doesn't necessarily mean it'll continue for a long time. They may be continuing simple due to the expiration dates of individual partner contracts, which are typically not made public. What the partner contracts end, if they're not renewed, the partnership could end.

At some point, LATAM could even join SkyTeam instead because of Delta's significant investment in LATAM.
sdsearch is offline  
Old Jan 14, 22, 8:01 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: UK
Programs: BAEC
Posts: 552
Originally Posted by Semphyra View Post
Not since May 2020, I am afraid

However there are bilateral agreements with most Oneworld Airlines, except notably AA. You get the most benefits with Iberia, Qantas, JAL and Qatar, for most other airlines you can accrue and redeem miles

More details at https://latampass.latam.com/en_us/associated-airlines
I am trying to add my BA Exec Club number for my wife and I to an existing booking. Any idea how I do that?
flieduk is offline  
Old Jan 14, 22, 11:51 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Programs: LA Platinum
Posts: 50
I believe you have to either call or do it at check-in which is a bit annoying.
Insano41m is offline  
Old Jan 17, 22, 7:29 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Programs: LATAMPASS Silver, SkyMiles Silver Medallion
Posts: 326
Originally Posted by flieduk View Post
I am trying to add my BA Exec Club number for my wife and I to an existing booking. Any idea how I do that?
On Manage Your Trips you should see a link called "Check passengers details"

In that page you should be able to enter your FFP number


Semphyra is offline  
Old Jan 29, 22, 7:48 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: WRO, AQP
Programs: LatamPass Gold, SAS EBB, M&M
Posts: 642
I have an Iberia ticket for flights with Iberia and Latam. I didn't add my LatamPass number while making the reservation, so I tried to add it later to the existing reservation on ba.com and qatarairways.com (it's not possible to do that on Iberia's own website), but my number keeps getting rejected. I called Iberia now and I was told it's because LA is no longer a OW member, so the agent wasn't able to add it either. I find it rather strange, as both Latam and Iberia list each other as associated airlines in their respective programs. I was able to add the number to the reservation on Latam.com, but the number doesn't show in Amadeus, so Iberia cannot see it. I hope I will be able to add it during check-in (the first flight is operated by IB). I wonder if anyone has any recent experiences with LatamPass and OW flights.
krzysz is offline  
Old Feb 1, 22, 3:43 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: LJU
Programs: JP SEN; LATAM Black Signature; Accor Plat
Posts: 77
Originally Posted by krzysz View Post
I have an Iberia ticket for flights with Iberia and Latam. I didn't add my LatamPass number while making the reservation, so I tried to add it later to the existing reservation on ba.com and qatarairways.com (it's not possible to do that on Iberia's own website), but my number keeps getting rejected. I called Iberia now and I was told it's because LA is no longer a OW member, so the agent wasn't able to add it either. I find it rather strange, as both Latam and Iberia list each other as associated airlines in their respective programs. I was able to add the number to the reservation on Latam.com, but the number doesn't show in Amadeus, so Iberia cannot see it. I hope I will be able to add it during check-in (the first flight is operated by IB). I wonder if anyone has any recent experiences with LatamPass and OW flights.
It has been some time since my ast post, but I needed to comment on this one:

I can all reassure you that on IBERIA flights the appearance of "EMERALD" (what I uused to be when LATAM was still oficially member od OW, as I was BLACK Signature member, now BLACk, which still would be EMERALD on OW) HAS VANISHED since recently. I took an IBERIA flight on 14 Jan 2022 to EZE and on my boarding pass it still showed "EMERALD". I just flew back yesterday from EZE to MAD and it shows NO STATUS at all. I used to be able to chose my emergency exit seats free of charge, take extra luggage even on basic fare, access the lounge even in LHR,.... ALL of this has disappeared. Yesterday when boarding my boarding pass showed "grupo 4".

Arrived in MAD I asked the lounge agent what changed and they said "when flying on IBERIA to South America you can ONLY access the lounge free of charge. All other services as free seat election or free luggage are to be charged...". They kept repeating that LATAM "Isn´t a member of OW", which we all know since quite a while, but still they had some comtracts left with other airlines...

Sad to see that LATAM is cancelling all the contracts they had with other airlines... I do value their new business class, but due to all the reduction of privileges they used to offer on other airlines, they are making it very difficult to stick and be loyal to them.
LH_001 is offline  
Old Mar 4, 22, 12:14 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: New York
Posts: 545
does anyone know why they specifically stopped flying to GYE? im not mad, im just...disappointed. .
michael1023 is offline  
Old Mar 6, 22, 9:54 am
  #15  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: home = LAX
Posts: 25,564
Originally Posted by michael1023 View Post
does anyone know why they specifically stopped flying to GYE? im not mad, im just...disappointed. .
Probably in part for the same reasons that domestic USA airlines stopped flying to a bunch of smaller domestic cities.

Airlines everywhere are suffering from big staff shortages, and have they to cut something as a result. Sometimes it's just frequency, but other times it's all service to a given city.

Plus business travel (which is the way most airlines made the most money) has not resumed anywhere near pre-pandemic in many places, and that's affecting where and how often airlines fly too.
sdsearch is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread