FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA-Schedule changes {Archive}
View Single Post
Old Feb 1, 2022, 1:08 pm
MBS MillionMiler
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
So disappointing that APAC recovery is still months and months away. Hopefully we can make up a bit in 2H22 but not looking very promising.

I used to go to China 3-4 times a year. Invariably, every January, April and October, with sometimes another trip sprinkled somewhere in there.

In 2020 when it first 'hit the fan', I was saying, "Maybe I can go for my October trip later this year".
In early 2021 I said, "Maybe I can go for my October trip this year". Not much later, I thought "Maybe I can go in January 2022".
By the end of 2021, I was saying " Perhaps Jan 2023".
Now, I think the earliest would be April 2023 and not even confident about that. I mean I'd love to go this October, I'd love to go in January 2023...I just don't see it happening.

I'm not afraid to travel, but seems like China and HK don't want me, and I'm okay with that for now. I'm itching to get back there as the lack of products I need to source is getting to be an issue; All of these stupid Zoom presentations, photos and samples back and forth just do not take the place of seeing/touching/experiencing the products in a face-to-face environment to which I'm accustomed.