FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Long haul in-flight catering | First
View Single Post
Old Feb 1, 2022, 7:31 am
Tobias-UK
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by subsonic001
This is my first time in First but I am having the best time;
The canapés; (jamón and manchego, baba ganoush on labneh with cherry tomato and basil, and marinated olives with rosemary. All excellent, not quite Iberico ham but certainly good enough. The baba ganoush stood with labneh stood up to multiple visits to Istbanbul.
I went for the beef carpaccio with truffle crème fraîche and asparagus for the starter; the best dish I’ve had on a plane by a country mile. The beef was tender, flavourful and presented well.
The 21 day aged roasted fillet of beef was a little disappointing; over cooked at best but the sides were of good quality.
I asked for a wine tasting with 3 glasses of reds and whites. The crew left the bottles at my table whilst I compared. I’m not used to this sort of thing but I was deeply impressed with the service received.
I have taken names down for the crew so I can leave them a good review.

Despite popular opinion on this forum, First is not always a shambles and can be worth the cash.
I agree with you on this, it’s a very pleasant dish indeed. I’ve had it a few times and never hesitate to order it when it appears.