FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Long haul in-flight catering | First
View Single Post
Old Jan 31, 2022, 5:57 pm
SpurMan

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by BA_Pax
Feedback on F catering to JFK on Thursday’s 173. Usual 2 choices of pork or chicken tikka. Apparently the pork was the majority choice - and ‘sold out’ with only 8 seats (full) in F - would it cost so much extra to load 8 pork AND 8 chicken? Classic example of penny pinching -v- quality of offering to so called prem pax. The cost in lost goodwill of an F pax not getting their first choice must exceed the saving of an extra 8 dishes surely? Plus I dare say crew wouldn’t let surplus go wasted - another group where improved goodwill might help!

Anyway the chicken tikka was pretty good and served in a timely and professional way. Desert was whatever I wanted - no stated limits of cheese OR desert. Indeed the fantastic crew member seemed to create her own version of my request for ice cream, When it arrived it was adorned with both melted Lindt truffle and some fresh berries (presumably intended for the side of the lemon tart not selected). Fair play to them.

I felt the new First Suite was a big improvement in space and privacy, and I’m a big 6’ft 5” inch bloke.

Now to see if the weather will mess up Mondays return although I got out of NY early Friday to Florida which is disappointingly cold.
Having been on the 173 today, further feedback. 7 of us in F. The pork again 'sold out', but they sourced one from Club (which just goes to show it's the same food in J and F). The chap next to me (who had the pork sourced from J), also missed out on his preferred starter. The Chicken Tikka was pretty good, once the skin came off (I appreciate it' left on to keep the meat moist. Also had both cheese and the lemon tart (they thought theyd run out, but hadn't). Crew were a mix of good service and bad. with the afternoon tea, one served the scone on a plate, and another used the basket.

Worst thing was the clenliness of the aircraft though. Opened the door on the suite to put my coat away, and there was a used sock left there, and a set of headphones!!! Then we found a slipper wrapper behind the footrest.