FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - the end of quarantine free entry?
View Single Post
Old Jan 25, 2022, 5:43 am
rwm818

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
Originally Posted by BinSabai
the final conditions for the new test & go seem now more clear:

beside full vaccination and preflight PCR, you need a confirmed booking of
1. day/night accommodation, transfer and PCR test
5. day/night accommodation and PCR test
in a SHA++ hotel

application possible from 1. February 0900 Thai time

whether insurance requirement is changed remains unclear
Thanks for this....wish they open the TP system before Feb 1 - but it what it is.

One further question on how I count my days...I'm on a typical arrive from the US (via Japan) schedule which gets me to BKK at 23:35. So by the time I clear the airport it will be well into the next day (maybe 0200 I figure?). I know having read before that the logistics were that you had the confirmed airport pickup, and they take you to your 1st test site, then to hotel - and wait for test result.
But does it still work like that for late night arrivals? Are the test sites open 24 hrs? Or will they take me to hotel, then I go get tested in morning?

he SHA+ info I see for my hotel (GH Erawan) says "6-10 hr result if tested before 6 pm, 12-15 hr result if after 6 pm"
Assume my Day 1 is the day after my official arrival date - although what if plane arrives a bit early and they stamp me in before midnight?

Just trying to figure out what day will be day 5...also trying to see if hotel has any updated information as of yet.