FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First time on Swiss. Seat selection and blocked seats?
Old Jan 20, 2022, 1:53 pm
NYC1

Originally Posted by Travlur
Hello,
I am planning a trip, LAX > ZRH, for later this year. This is our first time flying Swiss, booking for 3 in First. All of the seat selection pages show the same 3 of 8 seats in first blocked. This for every flight, not the result of the seats being occupied. I assume that A1 and K1 are blocked until x days before departure, and I am assuming that G2 is blocked due to it being a bassinet seat (just my guess). Can anyone tell me how far in advance those become bookable? I was not expecting 3/8 to be blocked in 2 different rows. Not the worst thing, but I was hoping we could sit 3 across in a row, which is not possible now.
Thanks very much.
You should call the LH First Class hotline and ask them for seat assignments. Their access to seats is often, but not always, different from what you see online (especially far in advance). The real desk is open until late evening European time so you may still catch them today or otherwise tomorrow.