FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - F/A Union proposes, AA accepts, REDUCED service levels
Old Jan 19, 2022, 6:50 pm
Tack

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro
Originally Posted by kellzbellz
With the continued spread of the Omicron variant, APFA has proposed a temporary reduction to onboard service levels and customer touchpoints. Our goal is to maintain the highest level of Flight Attendant and passenger safety as possible onboard the aircraft. These proposed changes lessen the time that a passenger will not be wearing a mask and, in turn, limit Flight Attendant exposure.

APFA proposals include serving entreés with salad/soup/appetizers in premium cabins when possible and reducing main cabin beverage services on domestic and IPD flights. We have asked that these reductions in service be implemented immediately.

Stay tuned for updated service guidelines from the company.
LOL, Seriously? This can’t be a surprise to anyone. I’ve said for almost 2 years that AA is being held hostage by the APFA. I’m a former AS union employee of 36 years. I guarantee you that airline unions will not approve any inflight service until COVID is eradicated, which will NEVER happen. It is time to weigh in with your wallet. Find a carrier that will push back on this foolishness. Edit. Where is the AA FA who posts on this site? She seemed to be pretty excited that glassware was back…. But refused to discuss the service level cut backs… which is BS. Really, glassware?

Last edited by Tack; Jan 20, 2022 at 6:32 am