FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition
View Single Post
Old Jan 18, 2022, 6:21 am
m8_rotate

Programs: BAEC Gold/ GGL / Avis Preferred/ Hilton Honours Diamond
Originally Posted by RichieMc
So I've just booked this mess SOF-LHR-JFK-LAX-SFO-LAX-LHR-SOF. Quite proud of my first point run. Managed to tick almost all the boxes I was looking for. Got AA business on the way to JFK. Got 2 nice long layovers in LAX to test the lounges. And was even able to get booked on AA1 JFK-LAX; weirdly I can't replicate this on Matrix now and I forgot to screenshot the output. Also got the late LAX-LHR flight to maximise sleep. I had to create the itinerary as a multi-city in Matrix. Below is what I input as well as the closest approximation I could get now. Might even try to upgrade one or both of the JFK-LAX and LAX-LHR legs. Only minor gripe is I couldn't get it to work a couple of weeks earlier to catch White Sox v As, so had to settle for Mets v As. I think the very helpful guy I got on the phone was new: once we reached the end he was pretty tight lipped about what price turned up and put me on hold to check with the fare team. I think he was surprised by £1024!! And it actually came out £10 cheaper than the quote in Matrix. With £500 and change in pandemic cancellation vouchers, it only cost me another £500.

One other thing: I ended up with 5 days in SFO. Only hit me at the end of the call after 1hr on hold and going through flights one by one. But I could qualify for double TPs if I book a hotel. Usually adding the hotel seems to be a good price. But he told me that it is not possible with more than 6 flight segments. Has anyone had experience with this? Is there a way around it?

36 min connection at SFO on outbound on the 21st! You are very brave!