FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Travel Packages [** Discontinued Jan 19, 2022 **]
Old Jan 13, 2022, 3:37 pm
dkerr

Originally Posted by bobu
Can travel packages be used for a portion of a booking? For example, if i booked 10 nights, can I use the travel package to pay for 7 out of 10 of them, and then points for the rest, or do I need to book 2 separate reservations? Thanks!
You need to make two reservations, one for 7-nights other for 3-nights. I have spent a long time on the phone with Marriott more than once trying to apply a travel package to a longer reservation and it never works. I don't bother any more... I make a 7-day reservation online with points then phone up and have them apply the TP certificate (and refund the points). And a back-to-back reservation for the remaining days. Tip... if using points for the remaining days, be sure to check points required per night. For example, it might cost less points for the first 3 nights of your 10 night stay than the last 3 days. TPs work by hotel category so are not sensitive to each nights point charge (well, at least not currently... could all change).
DAK