FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Book with confidence policy
View Single Post
Old Jan 11, 2022, 5:07 am
squawk

Does anyone know the current situation with converting an FTV to an eVoucher, and the wider BA policy on vouchers?

I have an FTV from early in the pandemic (before eVouchers were offered) - from memory it was a simple cash ticket, no Club Europe upgrades or any discounts with Avios. I am sure I saw something on FT over the last year that, now that eVouchers are available, it is possible to ring up and convert an FTV into an eVoucher. This would be preferable because it would let me use it alongside other eVouchers I've accumulated online, rather than having to ring up to make a booking.

I just tried to do this, but the gentleman in the South African call centre said that "BA has stopped issuing new vouchers" - it wasn't clear exactly what he meant, in this case, because I cancelled a different ticket for an eVoucher this morning online and it turned up almost immediately. He said he would try to send it to the back office to try anyhow, but within about 2-3 minutes said that it has been "unsuccessful". I asked if this meant I'd need to ring up to use the FTV, and he said yes.

It's not the end of the world, though I much prefer making my own bookings online (and reducing the pressure on the call centre) which is obviously possible with an eVoucher but not with an FTV, but it would be helpful to know what the current situation actually is...