FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service
Old Jan 9, 2022, 11:19 am
DCA writer

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
UA 1863 LAS-LAX, 1/7/2022
737 MAX 9

No PDB on this short flight, but the beverage service came with an unexpected treat--Hawaiian shortbread coookies. I highly recommend the Kona coffee flavor.

UA 1284 LAX-IAD, 1/7/2022
737-900

PDB choice of water or sparkling wine (described as "champagne") and then a choice of chicken with rice or ragu with polenta. The roll and the "pie in the sky" cookie arrived warm; not sure why one was still wrapped and the other not. That's chimichurri sauce on top of the chicken, which brightened the whole plate for me. Drink service was friendly but intermittent. No snack or cookie towards the end of the flight; is that service restoration not going to happen until warm nuts reappear?

Worth noting that despite my cheapo L fare, both CPUs cleared in advance--four days before the short hop, the afternoon before the transcon.