FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AM : BCN - GRU $1200-$1400 RT Business (I Class)
Old Jan 9, 2022, 8:22 am
danfl44

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Alaska MVP Gold
Did BCN-CDG-MEX-GRU last week. CDG was chaos, long lines for immigration with many people missing their flights. With a EU Vaccination QR you could use the eGates, which were very fast.

Got an offer to LaP for €1169 or 146k miles, but decided to stay in very comfortable seat 5L (definitely try to get the mini cabin on the AF777). Service very good.

Did an antigene test in MEX after arriving on the AF flight (no line at all for immigration). Was cheap and fast. In Brazil, they quite thoroughly checked the vaccinations and test.

Terminal 2 the following morning was a mess. Enormous lines for check-in; luckily already had my BP and didn't need to check a bag. AM lounge not very good, but the Centurion Lounge is nice!

The AM flight to GRU was extremely empty - we were with 4 persons total in J. Seats on the 787-9 are pretty comfortable, service was nothing to write home about, but decent flight.

Arrival at GRU very smooth, and enjoyed some fantastic days there. On my way to Rio now.

Will be on AM17 and KL686 coming thursday (13th), let me know if anyone is on the same flights!