FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LM Newbie Lounge: Ask your Questions Here (Flame Free)
Old Jan 8, 2022, 9:05 am
StartinSanDiego
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by rj123456
The Lifemiles award booking page does not provide any baggage information. I'm looking at a 7,500 mile domestic award (UA wants 14.4 Mileage Plus points for the same). Do I get 1 free checked bag with the 7.5K Lifemiles award? Does this get changed in any way if I pay the award booking fees with a United Explorer Card? (0 bags, 1 bag, 2 bags??)

Thanks.
If you hold a UA credit card that offers free checked baggage, you will get the free checked baggage, as long as you add the PNR number to your UA account. Unless you tell UA and cross reference the flight with UA, it will drop into a black hole. Go to UA, under My Trips, and add the flight information. The Life Miles PNR will work on the UA web site. Yo also want to add the Mileage Plus Number option from the drop down menu, as this is most likely showing your LM number.

Voila, your flight will show up immediately on the UA screen, you'll be able to pick a seat, and you'll get your perks through UA like Priority Boarding, Pre Check (if you have it), and free checked baggage.