FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US reopened on 8 November 2021 (& subsequent entry restrictions for non-citizens)
Old Jan 8, 2022, 7:49 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Smiley90
But either way, it's up to each individual to decide where they think they'll be safer and what they're looking for in a vacation. I'm merely describing the situation in the state I live in to give the person who asked an idea of what it's like as far as their COVID-safety is concerned. This thread has a lot of minds I won't change and that wasn't the goal.
Since vaccinations against COVID-19 got EUA in the US, Covid-19 deaths per capita are much worse in Florida than in more population dense New York and Massachusetts; and that’s even as a slightly higher proportion of persons in Florida got vaccine access sooner than people in those two more dense states since Florida has a somewhat older population. But as being outside is less risky than being indoors, Florida may work out differently for infection risk; but even tourists in Florida in January often spend time indoors to eat, shop and more.