FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)
Old Jan 7, 2022, 1:35 am
Matt4200

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jehova
Hello folks,
I just signed up for WoH credit card and am hoping to get to globalist. Looks like I missed the boat on last years promo but any advice / tips for a Hyatt Newbie to reach globalist status? We do plan on staying at several Hyatt properties throughout the year maybe as early as Feb.

Also, we do visit vegas several times a year, and I saw a thread recently about doing a mattress run (had go google this) at Excalibur or Luxor. However in order to avoid resort fees for the mattress run, I would need to already have explorist or globalist status, right?

Appreciate any advice!
Welcome!

Vegas - No one is sure about how utilizing MLife benefits such as the waived resort fees for Gold and above Members would impact crediting of Hyatt points and Elite Nights. So I’d put that on hold until it’s 100% confirmed, not to mention it requires actually getting to MLife Gold status which at minimum requires a match from Explorist. Without the resort fee waiver it gets pretty expensive.

With the Credit Card you get 5 nights automatically and Discoverist status. You also earn another 2 Elite Nights per every $5,000 spent using the card whether it’s spent with Hyatt or elsewhere.

As of now you’d need to earn another 55 Elite Nights to earn Globalist. Hyatt may cut it to 30 Nights or they may offer a double nights promotion to be competitive as Hilton and Marriott have been quite generous, but as of now they haven’t mentioned anything.

Hyatt has a promo starting on January 15th where you’ll earn 2,022 points for every 2 nights stayed (they don’t have to be consecutive) and a 1,000 point bonus for being a credit cardholder so make sure to register for that!