FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta's Reputation and Challenges in 2021 and the future (Consolidated Threads)
Old Jan 1, 2022, 3:39 pm
troyintn

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ATLflyer2017

We should also remember that COVID changed a lot of things for airlines and one of them was business travelers are no longer their highest priority. COVID happened and business travel completely stopped. Airlines could no longer rely on last-minute full-fare tickets subsidizing everybody else's plane tickets.
I would think Leisure travelers would want, decent to good service if they are buying F. Since Delta has been trying to push FCM for a while now, they have to show it is worth the extra money. I had to fly WN home yesterday since they had delayed and rescheduled me with a 36 + hour delay. I can say the coach experience was different some for the better some for the worse.

Better-
Boarding was not as chaotic as Delta, they have a simple system that works. Almost no preboarding and agents enforced the boarding order.
Coach seats had slightly more space than DL coach but less then EC+
Overhead space, lots of overhead space since people are checking bags for free. Not one mention about saving space etc, versus DL does it 5 times per flight. May be different on a typical work day, since this was a holiday full of families.
The staff was friendly and helpful since I bought 5 tickets at the counter. Delta is always friendly but may or may not be able to help

Cons
Unassigned seats, was not as bad I thought since both times I found an aisle even though I boarded towards the back.
No power adaptors for any seats
IFE is bring your own device and connect to Southwest internet
Did not try internet speeds
No First but knew that when I booked it and was just trying to get home.
Limited drinks IE coke and water only along with pretzels, you point to the guide for what you want
Could see preboarding being horrible with tight connections. IE I am A5 but they are now boarding C30.

Last edited by troyintn; Jan 1, 2022 at 3:53 pm