FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Status extension and miles expiry (COVID related)
Old Dec 29, 2021, 10:41 am
SK AAR
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by B747-437B
Based on my past experiences, an involuntary cancellation will not reset your miles expiry automatically. They will "refund" the miles which promptly expire automatically and are lost. So you actually want to avoid that situation!!!
The OP was not inquiring about cancelling the ticket to get miles back, but to convert to open ticket which is something compl. different.

Originally Posted by c5ruzr
I'm sitting on 60k due to expire and eyeing this 30% promo but don't have much confidence on getting my dates or destinations correct. So I may try and grab something and hope for an involuntary schedule change or cancelation. Anyone have any experience if they will let you convert to an open ticket during an involuntary and then rebook within region from a promotion rate or will they require the promo mile discount to be made whole back to the non-discounted rate (63k v 90k biz US-EU1/2)?
I believe the whole idea of coverting to an open ticket following a cancellation or schedule change > 15min, is that you will be able to use/rebook the open ticket later without repricing the ticket. I would expect this also to apply for M&S award tickets.