FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A220 Consolidated Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old Dec 28, 2021, 3:31 pm
dtwlarry

Programs: Delta PM, LATAM Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton, Hertz Gold, Silvercar, Sixt
Originally Posted by dtwlarry
Just took my first flights on an A220 in First, and there were hits and misses:
Hits were the big windows and relatively smooth flight. The flight tracker, with or without correct picture, is a fun bit of tech to fiddle with. Really neat. Other good stuff, the tray table was cool. First flight FA didn't leave the PDB water in the little cupholders, not sure why that happened. 2nd flight did so.
Misses was the shocking wear and tear on the seats up front. The seatback pockets were all pulled apart, so your smaller items would either fall through to the floor, or get trapped in layers of material on the seat in front. The Delta widget embroidery looked like absolute crap already. On my first flight, the seat belt was fraying something awful. And the widely reviewed center armrest slot for tablet/laptop seemed to just be a dirt/dust/crumb magnet, more than anywhere I'd put my electronic device.
And the final miss, based on the IFE notes: my Bluetooth transmitters didn't work effectively on either A220 flight. Every other flight taken since obtaining the two transmitters has worked like a charm, but on this IFE, the volume was maybe 50-60%, at full volume on the screen and on my Sennheiser earphones. Had to go all caveman and plug in the wire connector from the screen to the headphones, and then volume levels were normal.
Allowing me to quote myself, for the concern with IFE Bluetooth transmitter fidelity/signal strength, I sent a comment back to the Mother Ship, got a reply today that wasn't entirely autobot, though it was corporate-speak.
Here's to Delta and the On-board services leadership team confirming the spec on the newer A220 IFE units will support the Bluetooth connection!
To copy/paste: Thanks for taking the time to send us your further comments about our Inflight Entertainment System. We’ll consider your thoughts and this will help to make our service better.

I will be sharing your feedback with our On-board Services leadership team for internal review and considerations. Thank you for your continued loyalty to Delta.
Regards,

Xxxyyzzz
Customer Care Supervisor

Spoiler

Last edited by ryandc99; Dec 28, 2021 at 5:32 pm Reason: Removed employee name per FT rules