FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2021 Edition
Old Dec 21, 2021, 1:16 pm
Detroiter

Programs: DL Gold
Originally Posted by dtwlarry
I agree with this sentiment. I've asked on other blogs what the blogger and their readers think food/dining is a reasonable portion of the incremental cost from Main or C+ to the front of the plane. I put it at $20 for a 1500+ mile/non-transcon flight. Nice to have, but SC/Centurion/PP lounge eats will be a better dining proposition, regardless of which domestic airline being flown. I put a greater value on the big seat, earlier boarding (fwiw), bigger IFE screen, the ubiquitous Woodford on ice in a plastic cup, and guaranteed sizable overhead storage.
The sad boxes have not changed much, but during my MR activities a couple weekends back, the lunch sammies were very meaty, and quite filling. Still didn't match the eats in the lounges, but as a capper to what I scarfed down on land, it worked nicely.
Matthew at LALF suggested his valuation on the food component is $40. Fun thought starter, anyways...
I'm old enough to remember when there was a small but hot dinner in First on flights East Coast-Detroit leaving around 1700-1800, but those days are long gone. But yeah, I'm all about the larger seat and the Woodford.