FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - COVID19 UA-Schedule {Archive}
View Single Post
Old Dec 19, 2021, 9:21 pm
emcampbe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ORDflyer92
Stupid question because I usually fly AA, but are the widebody routes listed for March going to remain in place, or is there a good chance UA swaps equipments? I'm flying ORD-SFO on AA but thinking of changing my trip to UA to avoid the 737 and hopefully get a lie flat seat (UA showing 757 right now).
UA has typically flown at least 1 RT on a 777, but that can always change. It’s typically been an early morning departure out of SFO (like ~7am), and I think it’s been mid-afternoon out of ORD. I think they’re starting to firm up the Feb. schedule now, but I don’t think March yet, so there’s still definitely a possibility for that to change. Also, even that type of 777 can change - definitely no specific confirmation, but I saw a domestic 777 map loaded on a flight on a different route in March or April - those are the PW 777s that are currently out of service - and again, that farther out so very possible it’s placeholder and will change - but perhaps they are planning to have those in service again? Those domestic 777s are lie flat, but are 2-4-2 in F.

i don’t recall a 757 with lie flats typically flying SFO-ORD and vv. They’ve definitely had 753s ply the hub-to-hubs sometimes, including SFO-ORD, but those fly solely domestic and are definitely not lie flat, but typical domestic recliners in F. Also, I’ve never flown on that aircraft personally, but you mention widebody schedule and then talk 757 - and 757 is definitely not widebody.