FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Swiss moves from JFK T4 to T1
View Single Post
Old Dec 14, 2021, 6:06 am
Nick Art
Moderator: SAS

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by NYC1
The staff at the lounge doesn’t know what will happen to them (ie will they be moved to T1 or laid off). Considering that they were out of a job for quite a while when the lounge was being redone and that the move is less than 2 months away, it’s a pretty sad situation. They’re good people.
It's a shame really, I only have good memories of them.
I think my earliest memory would be 2006 when I was allowed to enter the Lounge with my parents, despite only my dad having FTL and only having one Business ticket between the three of us. This was one of my earliest Lounge visits and is what partially sparked my fascination with frequent flying, status and lounges...

I know it's not very likely, but I hope they are moved to T1 where LX will hopefully get their own Lounge again, at least once the T1 renovation is done.
I would be thankful if somebody informed could keep us up to date on this aspect and maybe put in a good word or two.

I'm having a bit of a déja vu, as I think something similar happened in Saudi Arabia once, when LH took over LX and just cut the LX flights entirely (in favor of LH flights) and If I remember correctly they just fired all of the old LX ground staff.
I'm hoping there is a more positive outcome in this situation.