FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Emirates COVID test and other questions
View Single Post
Old Dec 12, 2021, 10:02 am
suley

Originally Posted by xobile
Anyone travel from India to Canada via Emirates/Dubai recently? When booking online it won't let you book straight through with a few hours transit in Dubai, presumably due to the Canadian rule that you need a test outside India, and Dubai presumably does not have a facility to provide a pcr test in time to allow transit, unlike Etihad with its six hour transit time. I don't mind stopping over one day in Dubai as a result. Is the PCR test taken on arrival in Dubai sufficient for presenting the next day to board the flight to Toronto? Or do we need to take another test at a facility in Dubai? Thanks.
I would call EK and clarify with the booking, it could be it wont allow a transit for a few hours, in which case you probably need to do a multi trip ie India to DXB, DXB to Canada. I would say be aware if you do this, you will need to collect baggae at DXB and re-check in so unless its a day's transit it may not be worth the hassle. If its less then 6 hours, you can try seeing if they will let you leave and come back in.

In regards to arrival test, yes, it can be used for onwards travel as long as its valid in time (in your case yes as you fly the next day). Its a PCR test, download the Purehealth app and it lets you generate the certificate for a negative test, the QR code linked website did not work well for me when I tried to get a certificate for checkin. They say results are in 6-8 hours, at present there is also a stand closer to the immigration counter for PCR testing for Expo where results will be within 4 hours, just be aware its supposed to be for the unvacinated as if you are vacinated you dont need a PCR test.