FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Quarantine tips
Thread: Quarantine tips
View Single Post
Old Dec 12, 2021, 9:09 am
moondog
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by steveb1955
A friend of mine was released from his 14+7 quarantine in Shanghai on November 25th, which he said was "so comfortable", two days later he flew back to Handan and was hit with another 14 days hotel quarantine......

I will make a note of all the useful tips on this thread to hopefully make my planned return next March a bit more easier......
One thing I forgot to mention about the +7 is the Crowne Plaza man I mentioned was kept in the Crowne Plaza for the extra 7 days because he hadn't bothered to book anywhere else or show proof of residence. The "anywhere else" is a little tricky because not all hotels accept +7s. Still, he had two weeks to do research and/or ask people to help him. I actually found my new apartment while I was still in quarantine, paid for it, had the lease sent over, and registered with the PSB (this is easy here now because there's an app). I was free (except for the annoying minder watching over me) at 5a on day 14; we all had to be out of that place by 6 because the door is only unlocked between 5 and 6.