FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta cuts Westin bedding -- moving to "eco friendly" options
Old Dec 7, 2021, 5:55 pm
FlyingUnderTheRadar

Programs: Delta, United
Your first post was:

Originally Posted by Pianoman109876
god what a joke. a "premium" experience doesn't start with bedding labeled as "recycled". Gross.
Plenty of premium products are made from recycled materials. As such, a "premium" experience can start with a product labeled as "recycled."

Your second post was:

Originally Posted by Pianoman109876
I *DO* in fact. My point, if you read carefully, is that a premium product doesn't start with something off-brand and LABELED as recycled. I am fully aware products are recycled all the time. But how does it look when AA/UA still provide BRANDED products? Recycled also still implies "not new", even if that is not true. Delta is cutting premium branding to save money. That's all this is.
I did read your first post carefully (see above). You did not said anything about off-brand which seems to be your bigger gripe because after reading your second post my conclusion is that you are conflating products made from recycled material versus a premium product and an off-brand product. What if it was Westin bedding made from recycled material. Would you gripe too?

That said if people think having bedding made by Westin covering oneself is a premium experience, remember that one is directly in a seat/bed that hundreds of other people have been in beforehand and is cleaned a couple of times a year. At least when I have taken a night train one may get a plain old blanket at least the sheet covers both under and over oneself.