FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - VeriFLY experiences
View Single Post
Old Dec 7, 2021, 7:20 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by ckendall
Just a quick note that my Dec 6 trip LIN-LHR-IAD I got both Verifly trips done on Dec 5 and was able to download boarding passes on my phone. There was a mild issue at LHR (the electronic gates would not let me through) but a human passport check (and Verifly code) got me on my way.
At LHR T5 for USA destinations, all passports have to be physically scanned, or manually entered into, Ready to Fly. That's a pre-pandemic issue, to do with how Ready to Fly is designed to work. At other places, notably T3, it can be done at the gate or lounge, it only takes a few seconds, but at T5, going through that initial gate is supposed to give a ready-to-fly status to the passenger that lasts until they get on the aircraft. There is of course a visual check of passports before getting on board, but that's to ensure there hasm't been any boarding pass swaps. But it's nothing to do VeriFLY or the pandemic.