FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United MileagePlus status extension into 2023
Old Dec 3, 2021, 8:13 pm
UAzip

Programs: UA Plat/AA,DL Dirt/HH Diamond,Hyatt Something-ist/Hz Prez,Avis Pres Club
Earned Plat in 2019. Didn't fly again until this summer thanks to all meetings and any personal trips getting cancelled. Between Fly to the Finish and actual earnings, I was going to make Gold this year for 2022. Today, I see the follwing:
  • "You've already reached Premier Platinum status for 2021. See how your future flights can help you reach the next status level." on the Premier Status tracker
  • 40 PlusPoints now expiring 7/31/2022 instead of the end of January of 2022 which they were to expire (extended twice before, from 1/31/21 to summer to 1/31/22).
I would not be able to use the PlusPoints if Gold, so the expiration date on them and the sentence about Platinum (and the box checked on the meter graphic, even though neither set of criteria has been met) is strange. Are they actually extending status? If so, for all? Interesting.