FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Politically Incorrect: The "fat" pax policy
Old Nov 9, 2004, 4:52 pm
TrojanHorse
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
BBW on my flight today

There was quite a large one on my AA flight today (she had to be three times my width at a minimum without any exageration.. AA may have MRTC, but there isn't enough room on any plane for her), We were on an M80 (seating 2/3) from DFW to IAD and she got on with her kid and sits on the two side in front of me. I saw her on the jet way and wanted to see (praying it wasn't next to me) where she was sitting. She sits on the two side and immediately puts the armrest up and she took up 1 and say 3/4 seats.. since this was an empty flight it didn't really matter.. her kid though had to sit in the aisle on the 3 side (which was empty).. it was amazing and since I was in the Exit row which have immovable arm rests, there is no way she would have ever fit in one of those seats. When she walked up the aisle, no matter what angle she turned she would hit me going by with her backyard.. and yes, I leaned towards the window too in order to attempt not to get sideswiped

to the OP,I'm with you, no way do I move the arm rest.. it was her problem not yours.. good move on the switch to the crew rest seat, if it was not a big deal to the FA's then they wouldnt' mind sitting next to the seat spiller.