FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Black Friday sale
View Single Post
Old Nov 27, 2021, 3:22 am
giorginho

I went into a bit of a panic-mode after getting the news yesterday, trying to already lay out my/our plans for next year as far as October right now, to take advantage of this offer.
However:
Originally Posted by NextWhiteDeath
Also the upgrades to flex and comfort flex are very reasonably priced because of how the promo works
While this seems to be working for some of the routes I searched, flights from/to Athens (for example to/ex-DUS) still have the "original" fare difference of +12€ for Flex over Light and +45/50€ (as of June 2022 it goes up to 50€!) between Comfort Flex and Light! As if this wasn't weird enough, all fares seem to be discounted by the exact same amount, instead of the proper percentage. The S fare in the Light category in the aforementioned route, normally costs 80 Euros plus taxes, now that price is down by 24 Euros in June (which corresponds to the advertised -30% discount alright). However the Flex and Comfort Flex categories are also discounted by exactly 24 Euros, not 30%, which would have resulted in discounts of 28 and 39 Euros respectively! Feel free to check it out yourselves.
I don't know what the issue is, I called Aegean and while the agent aknowledged the "issue" using the same logic, they later came back to simply inform me, that "all prices are already reduced", which simply isn't true.

Another issue I'm facing is that since this promotion went online, all award tickets for my route between early June and late August are vanished! And I don't mean Aegean's own award space, which was already non-existent, but ALL of the possible redemptions for that route are gone! I'm sure the latter is only temporary, but the former simply made me give up the search and making plans for the moment...

Data point: A friend created a Miles&Bonus account yesterday and got instantly credited with 6000 award miles (and 1000 status miles).

edit: Berlin is also affected by this issue, Frankfurt and MUC are not.

Last edited by giorginho; Nov 27, 2021 at 3:45 am