FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton London Heathrow Airport (at terminal 4) {GBR}
Old Nov 25, 2021, 5:26 pm
anabolism

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I used to memorise them all, but in essence the rooms with a bath tub + shower are in several parallel lines running up the atrium close to the stair cases but off by 1 room. I'd guess it's about a quarter of the rooms? If you request either a bath or a shower in the booking notes they do tend to read and act on that.
These days I'm more often booking two rooms and want them connecting, so I think we're stuck with one room with a tub/shower combo.

One advantage of Hilton T5 is that I think all the rooms on the 4th floor - so the upgrade zone - have both a large bath and a separate shower.
I know the rooms in the T5 Hilton are larger and newer, but I stopped staying there because it's more hassle to get there than the T4 Hilton. However, with the walkway to T4 closed and the train to T4 suspended, I suppose getting to either Hilton now has the same level of annoyance.

I noticed that T4 won today's Business Traveller award for best Airport Hotel, albeit in 4th place, with Sofitel LHR T5 in first place, then Crowne Plaza Changi and Regal HKG somehow in 3rd place.
I've not stayed at the Sofitel, but I'm familiar with the other properties. In my experience, the standard rooms at the HKG Regal are pretty dismal, but the club floor rooms are nice (with the suite much nicer). For the T4 vs T5 Hiltons, the rooms and supper restaurant at the T5 are nicer, but the executive lounge at the T4 is nicer, and it was less annoying to get to. But who knows what criteria voters use, or if they've even stayed at enough properties to have an idea?