FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Q Suite Master Thread
View Single Post
Old Nov 20, 2021, 7:40 pm
Wanderwithme

Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
This is quite a bummer the recent posts about US/Doha flights being swapped from Q Suites. I was coming on now to ask if these swaps I have ever heard of happen for the US and I see they do. I thought it was more within the ME wehre maybe a 777 Q Suites get swapped out for a 2-2-2 version. Or even HK & BKK I know I have read of some swaps out of Q Suites.

If a route is listed as an A350-1000 does that increase the chance of NOT being swapped given there are No 351's with out Q Suites or is this logic not the case? LA and JFK are the only 2 cities that are exclusively 351's so I was thinking I could do JFK...........Sadly, LA is not avail. I have the whole trip planned and set so I am locked into my return day. My options are Dallas, SFO or Chicago. I cant decide which to go with .

DFW would be the longest flight- not outbound but i guess due to head winds and not taking the polar route maybe? I mean from SFO its listed the same out or back but Dallas is an hour less out but an hour more back. So I was thinking DFW to get the longest plane time to enjoy it all and have a FL upon arrival. However, ORD would get me an FL too and is still a 15 hour flight .SF i am closer to home in LA but no FL upon arrival. I will check weekly until April and hope to see LA open up so I can just switch to my home city and get the A351 which I feel/hope wont be swapped.

The DFW flight is showing a 77L which means 772 right? ORD is showing that as well while SFO is showing a A359. All those planes have non Q Suites versions.

I dont want to be swapped and want to put myself in the best position for this not to happen. It would be such a let down to fly 2-2-2 home when expecting Q Suites.

A 77L is a Boeing 777-200LR