FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First time in Polaris (and business class in general) - tips?
Old Nov 15, 2021, 5:52 pm
arma5

Programs: UA 1K 1.5MM
Originally Posted by CAPT Tee
If you need to eat a lot, stuff yourself at the lounge to the point you can't take another bite. Then onboard hold off the meal service until mid-flight when you are hungry again. I never had problem asking the crew to hold off my meal until later on TRANSPAC flights in J.
In the before-times, I would eat in the lounge, then ask the crew to serve my dinner as usual but save my main course and give it to me later instead of my second meal. Then I can actually enjoy the salad, ice cream, cheese from the first meal, and for the second meal I get something nice instead of the crappy eggs-or-whatever that they call breakfast. Usually I needed to explain the idea a few times, but on the plus side I'm guessing it disrupts their schedule less than e.g. trying to rebuild the ice cream cart for me later in the flight.

The lesson for the OP is that a lot of things can be flexible if you ask nicely. But also, you might want to experience the first flight as they intend it, and then you can think about whether to personalize or modify later flights.