FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition
View Single Post
Old Nov 15, 2021, 10:34 am
nh1980

Programs: BAEC GGL, BA Amex PP
Originally Posted by champignon
So here's a topic that's a bit of a twist on the idea of accumulating BAEC TPs on short haul AS itineraries in the Western US. One often reads about the TP runs in Europe that are done on OW aircraft, however it strikes me that there is real opportunity out there using Alaska Airlines metal, if one is located in the USA, where AS has a lot of short flights, usually offering "J" seats sold as AS First Class. Obviously one is going to need to get enough flights on BA Metal/BA marketed flights also, but for the person who doesn't constantly spend time traveling within or to Europe, it seems like there would be economical ways to get a bunch of TPs on AS without spending a whole lot of money. There is also a lot of potential to doing B2B flights, given that there is no border to cross and generally no covid documentation to check.

AS routinely presents both nonstop and connecting itineraries when one does fare searches, and while some of the connecting options are quite expensive, often they are not. AS also has frequent fare sales which occasionally include their First Class cabin.

Is anyone currently using this opportunity to augment their ascendance within the BAEC tiers?
I hadn't used the grandeur of "augment my ascendance" in my thinking!

But - given I'm in LAX next week, I took advantage of AS prices to book LAX-SJC and LAX-SFO returns on the same day for 160 TP. I'm paying about £1.25 per TP as it's Thanksgiving week but on some dates (when I booked in September) it was as low as £1 per TP. It pushes me into Gold, so yes it does!

Last edited by nh1980; Nov 15, 2021 at 10:41 am