FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - State of Hawaii "Safe Travels" Program for International Travelers (ends 25 Mar 2022)
Old Nov 14, 2021, 8:59 am
billinghamn

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by billinghamn
Just got my blue pre-clear wrist band for my flight to Hawaii later today at LAX T4 AA Admiral's Club lounge. When I first turned up, I presented my UK AZ vaccination certificate at the Hawaii pre-clear kiosk (in the lounge) and didn't get the answer I was expecting. They recognised that the Hawaiian gov rules had come into line with mainland US rules (that AZ vaccinations were accepted), but the AA guidelines hadn't been updated, so they couldn't pre-clear me. I walked into the lounge feeling a little disgruntled. A few mins later my name was called and I was advised that AA had just updated their guidance in line with Hawaiian gov rules and I could have my wrist band.

This travelling thing gets complicated in a covid world!
I arrived into HNL yesterday @ 19:00 at Gate C4 and there was no line whatsoever in the main terminal building (once I had walked the 5 mins down that way). To be honest there wasn't anyone showing any interest in inspecting any documentation at all, whether wearing a wristband or not. I was surprised based on what had been suggested before.

Just glad I got in without any incident.