FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Lifetime Diamond - Experiences, Questions, Is It Worth It?" thread
Old Nov 14, 2021, 6:13 am
JB123

Programs: United GS 3 MM LT, Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium, HH LT Diamond
Do most people make Lifetime Diamond by stay1,000 nights or by earning 2 million

Originally Posted by JB123
It took me 2 years and 10 months from my original post to make Lifetime Diamond. Obviously, the last 18 months during the pandemic have been a little different than normal. I changed my strategy a little and when I had to stay at an expensive hotel or had multiple rooms I stayed at a Hilton which helped me reach 2 million base points. For example. I had 3 rooms at the Hilton Marco Island last Christmas week. I wound up with 825 nights and 13 years of Diamond. This is far fewer nights than I though it would take to make it to 2 million base points but I had multiple room stays during this period at expensive hotels like Waldorfs in Rome, Jerusalem and Park City. During this time I was able to keep my Bonvoy Ambassador status due to lower requirements.

The big benefit I like about Hilton over Marriott is free breakfast for everyone in all of your rooms. I am hoping full breakfast come back soon. Marriott keeps cutting back things. If I book 3 rooms at a Marriott I only get free breakfast for 2 people (again I am assuming the breakfast benefit comes back).

Thank you for all the tips and insight. I am happy to be a member of the Lifetime Diamond club.