FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - State of Hawaii "Safe Travels" Program for International Travelers (ends 25 Mar 2022)
Old Nov 12, 2021, 9:41 am
MDTyKe

Programs: Starbucks Gold :-)
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
Bolded part, so I should be ok to upload vaccine certificate in 'other documents' in Hawaii Safe Travel? One (antigen) test from UK to US then onward to Hawaii should cover everything?
If so this is good news.
Correct. Antigen test to enter the US from UK, then in the HI Safe Travels portal upload your NHS vax document (or DCC if they issued you one) under "Other Docs". Hopefully in a day or two you'll be able to upload it into "COVID Vaccination Exception"; that section is still only accepting US CDC cards. It will likely not automatically clear you, but at the departure gate to your HI bound flight they will review and grant it - or, on arrival. Don't worry about it.

PS: I've been contacting Hawaiʻi News Now and they're reaching out to the Governors Office today as to why the COVID Vax Exception section still only accepts US vax cards, and displays the wrong information under the old rules. I hope it'll be changed in a few days.. it's ridiculous.

Safe travels (no pun intended) from the UK; I do that trip in reverse (from KOA to UK/EU) a lot.. it's a long one.

UPDATE: I heard back from the Safe Travels team 11/12 that the website will not be updated until 11/17. Shocking that something that takes 30 seconds to update takes Hawai'i 2 weeks.

Last edited by MDTyKe; Nov 12, 2021 at 6:31 pm