FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IROPS "IRROPS" - OSO, Weather, etc. Affecting AA Flyers (master thread)
Old Nov 10, 2021, 11:17 am
redtop43

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Status generally has nothing to do with SFDC/IRROPS. In IRROPS, AA will usually be flexible in getting you to your destination.

I say usually because I had the following experience a couple of years ago. I'm flying PHL-LAX-LAS, 4PM departure. PHL-LAX goes Mx. I go right to the customer service desk and ask to be rebooked on a 6PM PHL-LAS nonstop. AAgent refuses and says she will only book me on a 5:45PM connection through LAX. I point out to her that this is IRROPS, and not only that but it's Mx, not Wx. AAgent is unmoved. I walk away toward the gate from which the nonstop is leaving (it's in another terminal) and as I do I call AA (this was, I think, pre-COVID when wait times weren't 4 hours) and the phone AAgent moves me to the nonstop.

I don't know what the time trigger is, but I don't try to manipulate the system for a 10-minute delay. When I'm trying to change, it's usually because it's been at least 45 minutes or so. If I feel I'm going to miss my connection, I'll start trying to rebook on the phone at that point.