FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Improvements to Gold Upgrade Voucher bookings
Old Nov 5, 2021, 12:45 am
Tobias-UK
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
Just putting a couple of GUF2 scenarios out there. Never used one before so the collective knowledge and wisdom from those in the know is much appreciated.

Looking to use a GUF2 WTP to CW on a cash ticket. Availability in WTP is T0 E0 W0. Availability in CW is I0 R0 D0 C4 J6. Am I able to invoke a GUF2 in this scenario either via a TA or via BA Gold line?

Had T0 E0 W0 shown at least 2 seats available, would I have been able to secure a Gold priority award for WTP using 2x Avios and then invoked my GUF2 to upgrade further into Club based on the above availability or would I be reliant on redemption CW availability to do this?

My other option is to just simply go for a Gold priority award in CW and keep the GUF2 for another time. Assuming C4 availability will allow me to do this via the Gold line (it's more than 30 days out until travel) but I'd sooner keep 720k Avios for something else. TIA
I’m afraid there is no way to use an Avios redemption for this trip. You would need “I” class availability to GUF to Club, and Gold Priority Reward is only available in economy.