FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Dubai, UAE
View Single Post
Old Nov 2, 2021, 4:14 am
jaejaez

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Hotel has confirmed the beach club won’t open this year and not sure when it will be opening. Debating a stay over the New Year anyway.
I probably won’t stay here for at least another year or so. After my atrocious stay a couple months ago, had to stop by the hotel again last week as I had to meet someone in the lobby for tea.

My car pulled up to the porch and the two bellhops were huddled in the corner seemingly busy with something without even a glance given to the guests arriving. Later realized that they were watching a funny youtube video together. Also In my short time spent in the lobby (less than an hr), I saw at least three guests storm down to the front desk complaining about one thing or other, all seeming irritated that they’ve been waiting for a long time to get what they asked for over the phone. You wouldn’t find a scene like this even at the Four Points in Dubai.

Also for a St Regis it’s not even that bling bling (esp comparing it to the old ex St. Regis Habtoor properties or even the StRs in Abu Dhabi) and the rooms are small with only a very few suites for upgrades. IMHO they literally have NOTHING going for them, whether it be the hard product, the soft product, notable F&B outlets or even the location - yes it is linked to a mall but I don't check into a hotel on the Palm to be next to a mall. I’d be curious to see how the owners manage to turn this one around, if ever.

Last edited by jaejaez; Nov 2, 2021 at 6:53 am