FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex Marriott Promotion Problems
View Single Post
Old Oct 26, 2021, 3:45 pm
Adam1222

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
I don’t know about the dates (too lazy to read this thread again), but I definitely recall people reporting to call a hotel for a future post-stay-paid reservation to have a “deposit” charged to trigger the promo. Not sure that it is many people in the general population, but the OP should still be able to get an accurate explanation from Amex. My own experience with their chat support for a similar issue (Hilton Amex Aspire at a Hilton resort didn’t trigger the resort credit) was similarly frustrating and a giant waste of my time.
I dont dispute that some people do it. That doesnt make it common or the way the promo is intended to operate.
I agree the Amex should have provided a consistent explanation. But it remains unclear what offer the OP actually used. As noted by others, the $500 spend and get $100 back was limited to certain brands and explicitly included all the terms the OP insists weren't there, as shown in the screenshot here: https://gcgalore.com/marriott-luxury...at-front-desk/