FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) to Singapore.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 9:28 pm
Hotcat1970

Programs: BA, CX, SQ, Accor, IHG
Well, travel to and from the UK hasn't stopped during this pandemic. I have flown back and forth several times, but I assume you mean since the start of the VTL between the UK and Singapore?
Last time for me was in August, with around 25 people aboard, and me with the first cabin to myself! Never to be repeated I'm sure.
One thing I would say is that anyone coming here will be quite restricted in what they can actually do initially- entry to all malls and anywhere to eat or drink (where at the moment a maximum of 2 people only can sit together) requires a showing of proof of vaccination in the Singapore Trace Together app. You can have your NHS vaccination status added to this, though it requires a visit to a GP for a test, a few days of processing and then the system shows you as vaccinated.
That, plus absence of any music in any setting outside a low key managed event, no sale of alcohol beyond 10.30pm and a requirement to wear a mask at all times unless exercising, would I think, put off most visitors coming here unless it was to see family or for some work purpose,

What the VTL does offer is the ability to visit the UK for those who live here without being locked up in a quarantine hotel for 14 (now 10) days on return.