FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific (CX) Award Redemption, Booking and Availability (2019-2022)
Old Oct 15, 2021, 3:36 pm
skimthetrees

Programs: UA, AS
Originally Posted by kevflyer
Yes near AS schedule opening. Late August so about 10 days from end of schedule. I checked on AA before I called and availability was wide open for both segments.

I just checked on JL and although the results show up in search, when I click through it says 'no fare can be found for the flights and/or cabins you selected'. As a test, I was able put the exact same CX flight on hold with AA after JL shows showed that error. Did a few more searches on JL site, and looks like all CX flights show that same error message. I even tried a simple NRT-HKG and got same thing. Wonder if this is related to the reason AS agent couldn't grab anything?
Are you sure you are searching JAL for CX partner specific awards and not revenue tickets? I don't get that error on JL. If I search on JL, select the flights, and click "continue" it gives me a summary of the cost in miles and dollars for taxes and fuel surchage.

(must be logged in to search awards)
https://www.jal.co.jp/arl/en/jmb/awa...ner/round.html

If you are searching on AA I doubt you are searching married segments JNB-JFK because that is an invalid routing on CX through HKG and AA and won't show these flights when I search it. You are probably searching individual segments which usually is a good indicator that married segments will be available but it's not always 100 percent accurate.

Try calling AS back during business hours and see if a different agent can find the award flights. If you are outside of business hours I would still call but if the agent is still unable to find what JL shows then I would definitely call back again during business hours.