FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Kimpton De Witt Hotel Amsterdam (Master Thread)
Old Oct 14, 2021, 3:06 pm
Atacama40

Originally Posted by HadesNL
A live update on my stay.

First of all this hotel brings back a lot of memories.

From staying when it was a CP at their bridal suite, subsequent stays in the new incarnation as Europe's first Kimpton and now seeing the hotel focus on domestic tourists.

The pricing has adapted to the domestic market accordingly, for example for July/August with the "stay longer & pay less" rate the Penthouse can be booked for €385 net inclusive of breakfast per night.

As this visit happened during the covid19 pandemic, the front desk patiently explained how the hotel and its restaurant operated. Food & beverage orders are available ordering online via the QR code found on the TV. Or just dial the old fashioned way. The guy taking our orders via the phone was most articulate and patient, he seemed to be well trained to this new service adaptation.
(...)
Penthouse de Witt Hades was my front room for 4 days a week for over 9 years :-) ..... but some how I envy you at this recent reincarnation.

I cannot believe it is this now. So many years as a social center for top end consultants, my IT teams from around Europe for social stops, UA stop over crew and my favourite club lounge manager Virginia.

But whilst having moved on from this role, you motivate me Hades to take a visit and stop from a different perspective.

I miss this town despite spending so many nights there over such a long period. I will be coming back very soon for a social stop .... especially at that price.

Last edited by FLYGVA; Oct 14, 2021 at 9:51 pm Reason: adjusted quote and removed pictures from post