FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Q Suite Master Thread
View Single Post
Old Oct 13, 2021, 9:45 am
aj411

Programs: AA EXP; United 1K, Delta, IHG Plat Amb, PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
an update to previous posts about Qsuite seat assignments (middle EF pair) on QR flight but booked as AA code share. Flight to come October 15
Previously we found that neither AA nor QR could assign us a middle pair QSuite. Issue was the codeshare that meant even QR couldn't assign the seats. Up until this week, QRs best advice was to go to the QR checkin desk in ORD early and have them assign the seats day of travel. (we have a connection day of travel in ORD for our ORD>DOH flight
Fast forward to last week.
I thought I'd take a chance and try QR Twitter support. Nothing ventured, nothing gained - figured it wouldn't hurt anything to ask.
Asked, provided requested additional info about the reservation and waited. Eventually, the twitter team said sorry, they couldn't do anything BUT contact them within 72 hours of the flight and then they could do the seat assignment. (not sure if it mattered but I am Oneworld Emerald/AA EXP. I never told them that but it is on my reservation.)

So, at just under 72 hours preflight, I sent the twitter team another note.
Two hours later (no actual response from the twitter team) BUT we are now assigned two EF pair middle seats!! YEAH!!
So no rush day of travel and one less thing to worry about for Friday.