FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021
Old Oct 11, 2021, 7:51 pm
aw

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles, CM ConnectMiles, AA Advantage
Not FFD but just a plebeian quick review of my stay at the FL last Sun. Oct. 10 as a paying MIA-LAX J pax.

In terms of catering and service I find AA's FL better than UA Polaris. The buffet tends to feature more "exciting" choices and staff are more proactive and friendlier. Where UA PL has the advantage is in the sleeping areas where guests are provided with pillows, blankets and other small amenities in a more private setting. Showers are about the same in both unless you prefer to look at a faux starry ceiling on your way to your shower in which case you might prefer the UA version. My only points of reference for UA PL are SFO and EWR, and LAX for the AA FL.

The lines at TSA and Priority were horrendous and there were no agents controlling access. That seems to be a constant problem every time I depart from MIA unlike SFO which is my hometown airport where it tends to be a breeze.

I was at the MIA FL roughly from 10A - 1P which gave me an opportunity to sample the breakfast and lunch offerings. Breakfast is served from opening until 11A. I love the fact that upon entering the FL @ MIA you are welcomed with a glass of Louis Roederer champagne.

Upon check in agent issued me this card.

Welcome drink upon entering the FL.

Cheers!

Sleeping area.

Bar.

Dining area with FFD at the end.

Breakfast menu.

Buffet.

Omelette station.

Breakfast tacos.

Arepas and quiches.

Lunch menu.

Amazing appetizer.