FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - If you're going to Canada, consider driving back to the US
Old Oct 10, 2021, 10:56 am
Nayef

Programs: United MileagePlus, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, NEXUS
It’s not actually a great thing having no vaccine or mask mandates in Colorado given there are ~2,000 new daily cases here and I really wanted to go to an Avs game but I don’t feel secure despite masks being mandated at Ball Arena. Watching audiences there on TV implies masks aren’t being enforced well with no proof of vaccination mandate.

I saw the thread title and I myself am flying DEN-BTV driving into QC for a few days then back to DEN from BTV, so I thought it might be something relevant to my journey. Turns out it was an unhinged rant about Canadian covid safeguards.

We should be so lucky to have those rules. I myself have my CDC card ready in addition to a couple of apps with QR codes (a Colorado one and a Saudi one) that will both allow me easily into places that require with them in Quebec. As the consensus was in this thread, no one is making you travel and it’s amazing how you lack the self-awareness necessary to realize that it’s messed up that you’re comfortable going to places without vax-proof mandates and being around many unvaccinated people in close proximity. And no, being vaccinated yourself doesn’t mean you’re out of the woods and you could still infect others and yourself. This is incredibly irresponsible.

Last edited by Nayef; Oct 10, 2021 at 11:50 am