FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cancellation to cash (and not travel bank)
Old Oct 10, 2021, 6:06 am
OZFLYER86
Suspended

Originally Posted by wendyc12
The travel bank can be used for domestic AU flights too can't they? And don't need to be used up in the one booking? So I was thinking Hawkeyefan could sell it to people flying, say, the MEL-SYD route where capacity and demand will ramp up in the next few months. I was thinking a 20% haircut to the $1200 face value would be more than sufficient to entice people.

I agree that people won't trust foreign agencies as much post-pandemic, but this 1:1 kind of selling is not exactly your overseas travel agency sort of thing and people would make a distinction between the two (I can't imagine Hawkeyefan would charge fees etc like a travel agency would).

Thanks for the intel re ozbargain classifieds - never done it myself so didn't know such a rule existed.
20% ? Think you're dreaming, especially when Rex, who basically offer the same service as Qantas or Virgin are much, much cheaper. Travel bank can't be used on all fares either. I think you'd go through a lot of hassle for very little $$$. Maybe give them to someone who is flying Australia & then flying around domestically.